Permission marketing is one of the most effective ways to connect with customers today. By getting permission to send them communications, you can create a relationship of trust that leads to more sales and long-term loyalty. But it’s important to do it right. Here are a few tips for making the most of permission marketing.
The art of asking for permission: how to increase conversions with permission marketing
- Make sure you have a clear understanding of what permission marketing is before trying to implement it. Simply put, permission marketing is the practice of obtaining consent from customers or potential customers before sending them marketing communications.
- Get explicit permission from your contacts before adding them to your marketing lists or sending them any type of marketing message. Implicit permission, such as adding someone to your list because they’ve done business with you in the past, isn’t sufficient.
- Be clear about what types of communications contacts can expect to receive if they permit you. Will they receive weekly newsletters? Special offers? Announcements about new products or services?
- Give contacts an easy way to opt-out of receiving future communications. Include an unsubscribe link in every marketing email you send, and make it easy for contacts to update their preferences on your website or through a customer service representative.
- Respect the permissions contacts have granted you. Don’t send them more communications than they’ve agreed to receive, and don’t share their information with third parties without their consent.
- Keep track of the permissions contacts have given you, and make sure you have documentation to back up your claims if someone later challenges your use of their data.
- Make sure your permission marketing practices comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing email marketing, telemarketing, and data privacy.
- Review your permission marketing practices periodically to ensure they’re still effective and compliant. As the law changes and best practices evolve, you may need to make adjustments to the way you obtain and use permission from your contacts.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your permission marketing efforts are successful. Implementing a permission marketing strategy can be a great way to build trust and relationships with your contacts while also protecting their privacy.
Proven ways to increase your email list size using permission marketing
- Offer a freebie: Everyone loves free stuff. By offering a free ebook, report, or another valuable resource, you’ll entice people to sign up for your email list. Be sure to promote your freebie offer on your website and social media platforms to get the word out.
- Run a contest: People love contests and giveaways. Running a contest is a great way to increase your email list size while also engaging your audience.
- Use pop-ups: Pop-ups can be annoying, but they’re also effective at getting people to sign up for your email list. If used sparingly, pop-ups can be an effective way to grow your email list.
- Leverage social media: Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to increase your email list size. Use social media to promote your freebie offers and contests, and be sure to include a call-to-action to sign up for your email list.
- Collaborate with other businesses: Collaborating with other businesses is a great way to grow your email list. For example, you could partner with another business to co-host a contest or giveaway. By collaborating, you’ll be able to reach a larger audience and grow your email list more quickly.
By using these proven methods, you can easily increase the size of your email list. Just remember to focus on quality over quantity, and always get permission from people before adding them to your list.